Sign in to follow this  
Azayaka

The Forums' Layout

I think it may be beneficial to break the forum up into tabbed sections. Instead of having this long board of categories, sections and subsections.

https://gyazo.com/91c281f25b01681b2db015a373bd1bc0

If tabbed sections is not an option, then think about discontinuing some of the less active sections. Maybe think about refocusing the purpose of the forums?

This is pretty much a matter of personal preference, i, for instance, love how it looks, to me it's perfect.
But it is clear that it can cause confusion etc. to newcomers, and might even seem overwhelming.

I don't think the solution for it would be to reorder everything or restructure, i do however think it's best to use the buttons that @OMGhixD showed to you.
Might also think it might be a solution to perhaps make this a default setting for newcomers and make it more clear to these newcomers that this is an option as many people won't notice those buttons as is right now. Perhaps, a short one-time pop-up above it could let people know.