Babylon

Current Theme

Hello, i think there's several issues with the new theme.

Also a new plugin or whatever it is for the posts sidebar.

- Recommendation, in Firefox (Can't say for Chrome since it's +1 year ago i've used it last.) the developer / inspection mode is very handy in designing stuff.

When you see something you wanna change, you can right click it, and press inspect. Now most people know this. But inside firefox you can actually edit the CSS too live, side-by-side with HTML. The exact file is shown(Keep in mind the file in the picture is a cached file, i assume the original is custom.css or something similar.), along with classes, tags and ids. You can then edit the color code live and see how it affects the site. I recommend doing this when designing for IPS, it's a great tool and it allows you to see your changes in an instant without affecting the whole site. Maybe even write down in a notepad descriping how,when,where you want to change.

When you find the classes in the inspect menu, you can go into themes under IPS and find the file, then use CTRL + F to search for the exact class you want to change. OR simply at the very bottom of your CSS file, include !important inside of your CSS to overwrite.

[Example]

.ipsReact_reactCount
{
  color:#333 !important;
}

Let's start with the theme;

Reactions needs a different color for the number(count) of reactions given. Currently it blends in.

xUUuQgo.png

I'd like to suggest using #333, looks very neat.

Again the background at the very top, there needs to be something, or atleast the menu put all the way down to where the content starts, and have the menu to have actual buttons instead of being transparent. - THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE, I CAN'T KEEP LOOKING AT HOW IT LOOKS NOW, IT HURTS MAH EYES.

Here you can see a before, and after edit of what i've personally done to it;

before

8vMrmth.png

After

S7e88ep.png

Now i know it doesn't look good, but i personally think that, if you overwrite it with a padding:10px; and remove the under-menu, by not having padding-bottom:41px; then it could actually look great. IN MY OPINION. I cannot stand the gap there is currently between the menu and the content.

Also, when you'd remove the under-menu, simply insert those links to the "profile-menu", such as Store Balance etc. could fit perfectly up there without confusion.

Please consider this.

Now this plugin i was talking about;

8cjGGxx.png

I cannot click the pips, it degrades the plugin's functionality by 95%. Before i could browse top 5 posts or whatever, but now i can't without having to sit through it sliding by it's own.

-

I don't have anything else for now, but i will look over the site a few more times to find more. :)

ALSO! @OMGhixD can we have this as a Mega thread for the current theme? I know it's prolly asking a lot, but it would all-in-all look better on the suggestions page if there was a mega thread. :)

Now that I see this, since the dark theme came out the text colors have  always seemed to be quite iffy. Be nice to change the color in some way as I can't read some things some of the time.

On 2/24/2019 at 3:24 PM, Caden said:

Now that I see this, since the dark theme came out the text colors have  always seemed to be quite iffy. Be nice to change the color in some way as I can't read some things some of the time.

Please be more specific.

@Babylon

I've fixed up the coloring on the Reactions Counter, Changed the menu color and removed some of the spacing as well as restored the old post feed.

16 hours ago, OMGhixD said:

I've fixed up the coloring on the Reactions Counter, Changed the menu color and removed some of the spacing as well as restored the old post feed.

OooOff <3

The new post feed was good, just missing that click function ruined it for me, and i assume others 😕

22 hours ago, Babylon said:

OooOff <3

The new post feed was good, just missing that click function ruined it for me, and i assume others 😕

I agree, the new post feed thing really fit and it made a decent appearance. However, I wasn't able to solve the clickable punctuation things and therefor decided to remove it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.