Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Forum Menu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
DestroBG

Question about quest creating (TRINITY)

Question

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

Hello guys i am using triniy i am trying to create my own quest all its good till i get to the RewardXPDifficulty and Quest Level .. my point is to make this quest to give 10510510xp (so they can go from 1lvl do 80 instant)  ?

9 answers to this question

SUPPORT STATUS - PENDING "Ride the wave of creativity"
Greetings, your support thread is currently pending and is awaiting response by a member of our staff team. In the mean time we encourage community submissions! Otherwise a team member will connect with you shortly.

4 hours ago, DestroBG said:

Hello guys i am using triniy i am trying to create my own quest all its good till i get to the RewardXPDifficulty and Quest Level .. my point is to make this quest to give 10510510xp (so they can go from 1lvl do 80 instant)  ?

I'd rather go into the worldserver.conf and change startlevel to 80 :)

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

I've spent quite a significant amount of time creating quests.

I'm pretty sure, that you use a multiplier and not a "specific" amount of XP when creating the quest.

Crank the multiplier up to a high value, such as 2048.

You can read about the RewardXPDifficulty here;

https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/2130261/quest+template#quest_template-RewardXPDifficulty

^Found through a simple google search.

If i were you, i would TRY my way through. The default value is 0 so that's your starting point. Then try whatever comes to mind, such as 1, then 2 and so on.....

Hope i could help you in one way or another.

Another way of possibly doing this might be to have the quest give a token.  This token could be assigned a script that on use of the token that if the player is a donator then set level to 80 and if player is not a donator then it does nothing / sends a message to player saying "You are not a donator" and then removes the item from the player

On 2/16/2019 at 3:21 PM, DPCoder said:

Another way of possibly doing this might be to have the quest give a token.  This token could be assigned a script that on use of the token that if the player is a donator then set level to 80 and if player is not a donator then it does nothing / sends a message to player saying "You are not a donator" and then removes the item from the player

Wouldn't that require a compile and C++ script? From the looks of it, the OP is not too experienced.

And then again, what if the donator later on becomes a donator, and said item is removed?

Yes it would require a C++ script and a compile.  As an idea once have made the in game item this item could be added to the store so that when a player donates they can then pick this item from the store to then be given in the in game mail.  If the item has been removed and then the player donates then this item could be given again.  The item does not have to be removed as the item with the C++ script can be made to see if the player has a security of 0, 1, 2, 3 etc..  

If the script sees that the security is equal to or greater than 1 then player is donator and give max level else the script sends a message to the player saying "You are not a donator and unable to use this at this time" (removal of the item can be optional). 

Im assuming your making a low rate or retail like server, hence the reason you are selling level 80. Here is my advise to you. Quit. Don't make a retail server and just make a random custom server until you understand how anything works. It is must more difficult to make a retail server where everything is working than a custom fun server. Also you could just sell an item to donors that spawns a creature that has a really high exp mod so it makes them instant level 80 if you can't get quests to work for one reason or another.

This warning is to tell you that your topic will be closed in 72 hours should no replies be made. 

If you still need assistance, please reply to the topic.