Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Forum Menu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
Ultarg

Boost error with old source

Question

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

Hello, I need help with this. I get a boost error when i try to cmake this old source https://github.com/Quadral/335source

I get this error:

Could not find the following static Boost libraries:

boost_system

boost_filesystem

boost_thread

boost_program_options

boost_iostreams

Its a very weird error because I have boost correctly installed in my pc and it works perfect with my 2018 trinitycore. im using boost 1.66 and Cmake 3.13.3

5 answers to this question

You probably need to change compiler.

If you're using latest VS try rolling back to 2013.

SUPPORT STATUS - PENDING "Ride the wave of creativity"
Greetings, your support thread is currently pending and is awaiting response by a member of our staff team. In the mean time we encourage community submissions! Otherwise a team member will connect with you shortly.

Hit your windows key and type "environment variables" then hit enter.

Edit these as following

index.png

Basically click "ny..." - "new..."

and write

"boost_root" as Variable name

"F:/boost_1_66_0" as Variable value

F:/boost_1_66_0 <- this is where your boost is located. For me it's F:/ but for you it may be H:/

Nonetheless, do this for both User variable and System variable. !MAKE SURE TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER"

Also, you may have an incorrect cmake version. Please include cmake version as well.

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

Thanks you both for your quick answer, after a couple of days trying I figured it out it was like @Hamar said I needed an older compiler. It's supposed that new compilers should work with old sources but oh well,that was the fix: 2013 compiler.

The question(s) in this support topic have been answered and the topic author has resolved their issue. This topic is now closed. If you have other questions, please open a new topic.