Dawnbrightsu

Vmaps not assembling? Read this!

Hello,
I have been asked by many people the same question; How can I assemble vmaps? it's not doing anything when I double click it... Here is the answer.

When you execute vmap4assembler.exe it needs some specifications after that, so what I do to solve this issue is by creating a .bat file to execute that command right when vmap4assembler is open.

How do I create a .bat file?

It is pretty simple and you don't need any program to do so. Open Notepad or Notepad++ and then add this commands:

md vmaps
md mmaps
vmap4assembler.exe Buildings vmaps
mmaps_generator.exe
pause

This code will create 2 directories called vmaps and mmaps, then run the vmap4assembler with the commands you need and after that is done mmaps_generator.exe will run. This code will work only if you have already run mapextractor.exe and vmap4extractor.exe previously. If you haven't use the following commands:

mapextractor.exe
vmap4extractor.exe
md vmaps
md mmaps
vmap4assembler.exe Buildings vmaps
mmaps_generator.exe
pause

This will basically create all the maps, mmaps, dbc and vmaps automatically. It will not work properly if you have executed any of the extractors before, if you have; just delete all the folders this extractors created and run this code.

After adding that commands on Notepad++ or Notepad, just save it on the wow folder with the extractors as run.bat and double click that file after that and let it run!

I hope this tutorial will solve this common issue,
Dawnbrightsu