Are this PC Specs okey for my P-Server?

Hello! :)

Im working at my own WoW P-Server and for now I have bought a Server where
I set up my P-Server. This Server has the following Specs:

RAM: 8GB
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460S
GHz: 2.90GHz
Systemtype: 64-Bit

Is this okey for 1.12.1 / 2.4.3 or 4.3.4?
Best regards,
Asrael!

is this for a local/LAN style set up or a hosted server?

The specs are ok for both tbh, however if its a hosted server and its VPS then you could run into performance issues if other servers are utilizing shared resources (such as ram). If its a dedicated host then no worries (although compiling will likely be a tad slow).

The bigger impact would be bandwidth; speeds and limits.

My LAN server is:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470T CPU @ 2.90GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3

The biggest factor in this case would be connectivity. What does this pserver provide as far as network specs? (Bandwidth caps? Dedicated line? If so how many gigs?)

The processor is a tad out dated but will surely do the job though it will struggle under heavy load and I advise not to attempt to host your webserver on the same machine. The ram is at the bare minimum for running a private server which could create a bottleneck under any load disrupting performance and stability.

Starting out this is the best option as it is cost effective and you shouldn't expect more than 10-20 prime until you're off the ground.

23 minutes ago, Death said:

The biggest factor in this case would be connectivity. What does this pserver provide as far as network specs? (Bandwidth caps? Dedicated line? If so how many gigs?)

The processor is a tad out dated but will surely do the job though it will struggle under heavy load and I advise not to attempt to host your webserver on the same machine. The ram is at the bare minimum for running a private server which could create a bottleneck under any load disrupting performance and stability.

Starting out this is the best option as it is cost effective and you shouldn't expect more than 10-20 prime until you're off the ground.

1 hour ago, Jiinx said:

The specs are ok for both tbh, however if its a hosted server and its VPS then you could run into performance issues if other servers are utilizing shared resources (such as ram). If its a dedicated host then no worries (although compiling will likely be a tad slow).

My LAN server is:

Attached Screenshot with Upload/Download and MS :)

Screenshot_1.png

@Asrael Your down speed is a bit low which will cause severe lag for players not in close proximity to the server's host. I highly recommend you see to upgrading in the near future to a server with at least a 1gb dedicated line.

Just now, Death said:

@Asrael Your down speed is a bit low which will cause severe lag for players not in close proximity to the server's host. I highly recommend you see to upgrading in the near future to a server with at least a 1gb dedicated line.

I have to say its just a Server where I will play with 5 Friends and 10 Playerbots (from Repack) so we dont want to make that project gigantic :)
Anyways, thank you for you help Death! That pleases me very much!

Just now, Death said:

@Asrael In that case your current setup is good to go. My concerns expressed above were focused more on the commercial use of the server for medium to high population goals.

Best of luck with your project!

Thank you very much, eventually we will make the server public in future time :)
Dont know what the time will bring with, we will see.

Thank you very much for your help.

1 hour ago, Jiinx said:

My LAN server is:

Also for your answer, thank you very much! :)