Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Forum Menu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Foufos

how to fix

Question

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/2000): mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file in C:\xampp\htdocs\install\system.php on line 168

keep getting this on fusioncms install :(

5 answers to this question

In some cases people believe they need to reinstall the SQL server or the database. This is false. You dont have to change the password either. You just need to set the password again and specify that it be saved in the new format to make the mysqlnd driver happy.

To fix it, just update the password.

mysql> SET @@session.old_passwords = 0;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
SET PASSWORD FOR 'existinguser'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('existingpass');
Query OK, 1 rows affected (0.00 sec);

EXAMPLE:

mysql> SET @@session.old_passwords = 0;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
SET PASSWORD FOR 'MYCURRENTSQLUSER'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('MYNEWPASSWORD');
Query OK, 1 rows affected (0.00 sec);

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

[RESOLVED]

it seems that i cannot resolve this thread.. Awaiting a support agent :)

PS : Glad it worked out Foufos :)

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

The question(s) in this support topic have been answered and the topic author has resolved their issue. This topic is now closed. If you have other questions, please open a new topic.