OMGhixD

C++ error - Instant Enchant / Scrolls

Question

So i've got some issues with my small unit.cpp modification

// Instant Enchants / Scrolls
	if (SpellProto->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_ENCHANT_ITEM || SpellProto->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_GLYPH || SpellProto->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_ENCHANT_ITEM_PRISMATIC)
    castTime = 1;

^ Script

Error	1	error C2059: syntax error : '->'	Unit.cpp	14497	1	game

^ Error

Thank you in any advance :)

Sincerely

OMGhixD

8 answers to this question

Change:

SpellProto->Effects[0].Effect

to:

spellInfo->Effects[0].Effect

You end up with:

if (spellInfo->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_ENCHANT_ITEM || spellInfo->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_GLYPH || spellInfo->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_ENCHANT_ITEM_PRISMATIC)
    castTime = 1;

1 hour ago, Death said:

Change:

SpellProto->Effects[0].Effect

to:

spellInfo->Effects[0].Effect

You end up with:

if (spellInfo->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_ENCHANT_ITEM || spellInfo->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_APPLY_GLYPH || spellInfo->Effects[0].Effect == SPELL_EFFECT_ENCHANT_ITEM_PRISMATIC)
    castTime = 1;

I shall give it an attempt :)

Error	1	error C2065: 'spellInfo' : undeclared identifier	Unit.cpp	14497	1	game
Error	2	error C2227: left of '->Effects' must point to generic type	Unit.cpp	14497	1	game
Error	3	error C2228: left of '.Effect' must have Unit.cpp	14497	1	game

Now i got these errors

I think trying to put this in unit.cpp is incorrect. I don't have the emucoach source to look at. So I used https://github.com/TrinityCoreLegacy/TrinityCore/blob/4.3.4/src/server/game/Spells/Spell.cpp instead.

Since there is a command .cheat casttime (CHEAT_CASTTIME), we know that the core is already triggers to accept the override to cast time. Working off this and the modification by @Death in Spell.cpp might do what you are looking for. 

This is untested

~hope this helps

The question(s) in this support topic have been answered and the topic author has resolved their issue. This topic is now closed. If you have other questions, please open a new topic.