Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Forum Menu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

darksoke

OnTop500 Gaming Topsite

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

OnTop500 Is o game server toplist project I started back in December 2015 and opened it in 2016 and abandoned the project leaving it online until the end of November 2017. A lot of people asked me to release the source code and database and since I saw so much interest in my platform I decided to reopen it. In 1 year without any advertising, no SEO nothing just a poor html code site managed to reach a total of 19k page views with only 37 active websites registered. 

Now I invite all of you to recheck the brand new ONTOP500, hopefully you will register your servers and tell your friends about it. I have really big plans with this platform and hopefully can provide weekly updates.

Features

• Clean, responsive desing, nice to navigate
  • Easy registration, add how many servers you want from a single account
  • Inactive sites cleanup
  • Automatic top reset every first day of the month
  • 4 Vote banners
  • Advertising spots available
  • Weekly categories monitoring to see if we should add/remove a category
  • Website and Gaming latest news, will try to to post as frequent as possible and maybe hire an article writer soon if I get enough donations.
  • 12 hours automation system, your players will be able to vote again after 12 hours from the last vote
  • Anti proxy script, votes coming from a proxy address won't count to avoid double voting and other vote hacks

LATEST NEWS
http://ontop500.com/news/Pretty+URL+Update+Applied
http://ontop500.com/news/Prepare+for+pretty+URL
http://ontop500.com/news/Huge+System+Update
http://ontop500.com/news/Pingback+and+Postback+incentives+in+progress
http://ontop500.com/news/OnTop500+is+back+in+force
http://ontop500.com/news/Welcome+to+Ontop500
http://ontop500.com/news/New+Design

nBJ2ZKL.png

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

thank you guys for all the support , stay tuned on the changes and idk @Death would you mind me to put lordcraft link at parteners and you could make this post sticky ?

23 hours ago, darksoke said:

thank you guys for all the support , stay tuned on the changes and idk @Death would you mind me to put lordcraft link at parteners and you could make this post sticky ?

There would be a confliction of interest being along side a content-relevant community. For future arrangements be sure to PM me directly about sensitive maters such as this.

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
On 8/2/2016 at 4:41 PM, Death said:

There would be a confliction of interest being along side a content-relevant community. For future arrangements be sure to PM me directly about sensitive maters such as this.

well i didn't tought that there's such a conflict of interest between emulation forums :| it was just a promo suggestion anyway i've been working lately on a new design 

0sguvIt.png

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
22 hours ago, Unrecognized said:

@darksoke, love the design! Looks very professional! Keep it up (y)

thank you :D massive design changes were applied lately to make the website way more professional

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

many minor and hotfixes and we already have 17 sites registered and over 100 unique daily visitors 

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

for reaching over 5000 unique visitors so far we have awarded all registered websites 3 days of free premium membership

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
Revision: 12
Posted on 2016-09-05 18:31:43

Added 2 more game categories Asheron's Call and Rift

Revision: 11
Posted on 2016-09-05 07:47:38

Fixed premium reset period
Added counter until next reset period
Gave away 3 days of free premium membership to all registered websites

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
12 hours ago, Foufos said:

yo soke what toplist script did u use? if u dont mind me asking.

As I said when I firstly posted i haven't used a framework i have created this website from 0

On 10/11/2016 at 9:39 AM, darksoke said:

As I said when I firstly posted i haven't used a framework i have created this website from 0

sorry i dident read i just like the design :)

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R

After 15 attempts I was finally successful adding a website. Here's why and hopefully a few pointers you take into consideration.

Tags
The tag section is unclear and currently only supports one tag. Attempting to add more than one will throw an error everytime.

Banner url 
"For security reasons only imgur is allowed" that is inconvenient giving most people have their banner uploaded to their own site. I cannot think of any method of using their own web server that will conflict with security other than adding an inappropriate banner but they can already do that using imgur. I was never able to add my banner even after using imgur. I simply had to skip that step despite it being marked as required.

Email verification 
I have yet to receive my email to verify the website which means my spam filter marked it as spam and auto deleted it. If this is the case then I highly recommend using a 3rd party to deliver your email such as sparkpost or any free alternative.

When editing your website the category defaults to Ace Online despite what was previously selected. So if I were to make an edit and not realize I would be changing my website's category to ace online which multiple people have already done looking at the listings.

I also cannot find an option to resend validation email so I'm currently at a stand-still.

T
O
P
I
C

S
T
A
R
T
E
R
On 1/6/2017 at 5:56 PM, Death said:

After 15 attempts I was finally successful adding a website. Here's why and hopefully a few pointers you take into consideration.

Tags
The tag section is unclear and currently only supports one tag. Attempting to add more than one will throw an error everytime.

Banner url 
"For security reasons only imgur is allowed" that is inconvenient giving most people have their banner uploaded to their own site. I cannot think of any method of using their own web server that will conflict with security other than adding an inappropriate banner but they can already do that using imgur. I was never able to add my banner even after using imgur. I simply had to skip that step despite it being marked as required.

Email verification 
I have yet to receive my email to verify the website which means my spam filter marked it as spam and auto deleted it. If this is the case then I highly recommend using a 3rd party to deliver your email such as sparkpost or any free alternative.

When editing your website the category defaults to Ace Online despite what was previously selected. So if I were to make an edit and not realize I would be changing my website's category to ace online which multiple people have already done looking at the listings.

I also cannot find an option to resend validation email so I'm currently at a stand-still.

Well the website require an almost complete revamp, going to change the engine, the whole way data is fetched, so far there were no problems related to mail sending but yeah i use the default php mail sender. For the banner url I need a new checking engine to validate the images as about tags i think they will be removed since i don't have a searching engine under development. However this website is stil an under development project i'm working on my free time and i don't got that much lately. Thank you for pointing out anyway :)